Spyro Fans Anonymous
Rules and Regulations >> SFA Constitution >> AMENDMENT XXVIII
http://spyro.conforums3.com/index.cgi?board=constitution&action=display&num=1161126445

AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by TTEchidna on Oct 17th, 2006, 6:07pm

I hereby institute a board-wide declaration of martial law. No member shall post, no admin shall administrate until this crisis has been abated.


And what is this crisis?

Why, it's the fact that you're all a bunch of idiots. Go on, email all you want, I'm not going back on this one.

I'm turning SFA into a museum, frozen in time from this point forward. Wanna post? Make your own board. SFA's been dead since Vivendi walked in.



And hey, now I don't have to check it! There'll be no need for me to ever come back here again now. And I'll certainly be done bothering you bunch of morons by asserting my point of view.

So here's what's up.

From now on, SFA will be the Spyro Fan Museum, showing a fandom in transition... from the first advent of flamers into it to when the original members became flamers to it themselves.

But seriously, you all wanna continue talking Spyro, go to http://www.spyroforum.com/. They'll gladly accept you.

Or hell, even make your own forum that I don't know about. Whatever. Just get out of here. I've gotta call a janitor in to clean up this mess.



SPYRO FANS ANONYMOUS
August 13, 2004 - October 17, 2006

Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by SpyroFriend on Oct 17th, 2006, 6:18pm

TTE, so you think that we are going to stand for this? You are wrong sir, and I will do everything to restore this forum, and kick you out. You have no right to do this to us. None whatsoever
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by Atresac on Oct 17th, 2006, 6:38pm

he actually does have the right, just not the reasoning.
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by SpyroFriend on Oct 17th, 2006, 6:39pm

Soo what do we do now?
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by SpyroFriend on Oct 17th, 2006, 6:55pm

Well TTE, congrats . You've destroyed this forum. And showed an incredible lack of decency towards the posters who visited this board. Is it the fact that this board was starting to recover, despite your best efforts? Or that I dared , DARED to challenge you and called for you to leave and leave the board to us? So instead of gracefully departing into the sunset, you decided to lock the doors, take your ball and go home...
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by TTEchidna on Oct 17th, 2006, 8:52pm

There are some times where you have to do something like this to get the message across.

Also: Spyro sucks.
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by PepperAster on Oct 17th, 2006, 10:35pm

on Oct 17th, 2006, 6:39pm, SpyroFriend wrote:
Soo what do we do now?


Maybe you other admins could do as he suggested and make another forum. It really isn't that hard. Plus then you won't have him bugging you all the time.

You guys shouldn't be so affected about this. No one can let you down unless you allow them to do it. Even someone immature enough to call everyone idiots just because they like something, and close a forum just because he couldn't change everyone's minds.

Really, I think he's just bitter the new game turned out alright.
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by TTEchidna on Oct 18th, 2006, 02:15am

The new game is NOT all right unless it includes the past games' characters and makes references.


That is all.

I don't see Angel Island suddenly disappearing from Sonic canon, do I? Duh. Nor the Chaos Emeralds. But I guess Spyro's just different.


And maybe I am bitter, but it's certainly not because of any one Censored ing game turning out "well" in the eyes of its brainwashed fans. Far as I remember, I've been complaining about Vivendi's treatment of the series since A Hero's Tail. SSL was Vivendi's third strike. They're out.
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by Venom on Oct 18th, 2006, 02:36am

TTE, you've really gone too far.

This is rediculous. Two months ago I supported the closure of this forum, but since then the people here have rekindled the place to some degree. It's not what it was, but, dammit it, it's a community, and it's utterly wrong of you to do this.

C'mon, TTE. Undo the lockdown. Reinstate the new admins and mods. The truth is this forum has changed from what it was 10 months ago, and you are no longer in a moral position to do this.

---

By the way, if this is not resolved within the next few days, I am more than happy to set up a new SFA forum for everyone else.
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by SpyroFriend on Oct 18th, 2006, 08:36am

I will gladly take you up on that offer Venom, if TTE doesn't undo the martial law. smiley
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by SparxShooter on Oct 18th, 2006, 08:40am

Two messages to you TTE.

1. What you're doing by locking the site is setting in stone that you are the biggest Censored to ever walk the earth. Not helping Spyro or yourself just being an ass. No matter how hard you try there will ALWAYS be Spyro fans but hopefully no-one as close-minded as you.

2. Go get layed, because i know that's what you need.

Now let's go make a new site and leave this little drama queen to his fun and games.
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by SpyroFriend on Oct 18th, 2006, 10:09am

see TTe, you have no right to this now. if you had done this in January, then it would have been over. You had every right to shut down then, the forum was in ruins. But not now, for a number of reasons. One, a new game has just been released, a time where interest in the series is high and new posters join to talk about the game,. Two, the forum is recovered and has become fun to visit again. As the owner your job is to see that visitors and posters have as much fun as possible. This is supposed to be a fun place, and you clearly are not having fun, quite the reverse. That has been true for some time, by your own admission. The proper and mature thing to do is restore the mods and admins, and leave ownership of the forum in someone else's hands, and go. You should have handed over full ownership a long time ago, and if you are honest with yourself, you will agree with me. Simply saying that you can lock this forum "because you can" is not a valid argument. In order for the reason to be valid, you have to have more people that think the forum is shot beyong rede,ption, besides yourself Clearly as the replies to your "amendment: indicate, the posters here disagree with you, even those who previously agreed with you.
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by DragonRiderPDX on Oct 18th, 2006, 10:29am

So what do we do now?

Making a new forum sounds good but make sure guests are allowed too.


Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by SpyroFriend on Oct 18th, 2006, 1:09pm

Look TTe, you don't want to be here anymore. There are two options for achieving thia. ! you close the forum and kick everybody out. Or two, you give control of the forum to someone else, someone who still cares about this place, and leave. You've chosen A.Your choice shows immaturity, intolerance, and lack of foresight. Furthermore this will aleinate everyone on the board who likes to come here. Reconsidering your decision and choosing B would show that you realize that you don't want to be here, and that you would pass this 'burden' onto someone else and from that point be free to leave and not have to bother with this place
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by MagicNein on Oct 18th, 2006, 1:46pm

Yeah, you could have just walked away, but instead you came back and tormented us. Now you closed the forum? Over what? Something you're not going to care about in a year?

Do you expect us to just lay down and accept defeat? You're dead wrong if you think that. We're not going down that easy.

Oh yeah, and my forum is open to anyone who wants to let off steam.
http://thelightone2.conforums3.com/
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by SpyroFriend on Oct 18th, 2006, 1:56pm

If this isn't a lame amendment, I don't know what is... You violated the board Constitution TTe..
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by DragonRiderPDX on Oct 18th, 2006, 1:57pm

Geinus. Thank you Lacymosa.

It's seems beter than before.,
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by SpyroFriend on Oct 18th, 2006, 2:08pm

Unless we get the martial law revoked you'll need to change your sig DR
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by Little Purple Dragon on Oct 18th, 2006, 2:31pm

GOD this is Censored ing RETARDED!

that's all i have to say atm....
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by Cocho on Oct 18th, 2006, 3:24pm

...*cough* Heeeeeey, I'm here to comment on something here about what I've read so far...

Word to the Wise: If you want to tell someone that they're immature about closing an OLD CANON SITE, you gotta be in the right position to say so. I mean...honestly, is it going to KILL you all that this site is frozen? Sure, yeah, TTE could've just handed it down to someone else. But, you know what I think? If I were the owner of this board, I wouldn't want it to be spammed, or wasted over the new Spyro game crap coming out...

Seriously, the new Spyro games suck. The only one I like is AHT...I may not play it as much, but I still like to once in a while. I lost all hope when they came out with SSL...And really, A New Beginning...ugh, Vivendi went too far with that. Not ONLY did they forget the original canon of how Spyro came to be, but...It's just so RETARDED! Gnasty Gnorc was Spyro's first enemy, not this Cinder character.

So basically, if you want TTE to get on with life, why don't YOU GUYS get on with life too. TTE DOES have every right to freeze this forum. He CREATED the friken thing. So stop whining about it. Go and make a new forum...or, like, go outside. Get some fresh air...Actually have a life and not a life on these forum things...

See, this is the reason why the other admins and I quit a while back. We didn't want to deal with the n00bs and the retards whom are brainwashed, and spamming, and showing us disrespect. This forum was for the OLD CANON, not the new and the retarded from the new games. And obviously since you guys never try to SUPPORT the old canon or the old games, then why should we have to deal with the stress and the retardation that has become of Spyro now...

Spyro 1, Spyro 2, Spyro 3= Gold.

Spyro EtD, Spyro AHT, SSL, ANB= Garbage.

Ok? Do you guys get it NOW? The only way for the old canon to live on is to remember...but obviously some of you haven't played the old ones yet. Do yourselves a favor: Rent the Playstation Spyro games. Then, think to yourselves: "Are the new games honestly better than these?"

So, come on now, let's be mature and go on with life. I'm done. Morons.
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by SpyroFriend on Oct 18th, 2006, 3:32pm

We don't like having our forumm (yes he's oowns it but we keep it going) taken away from us, with no good reasons. calling us "idiots" doesn't inspire confidence in leadership. But no matter. We're accepting defeat, or is it victory? Anyone who wishes to leave, we have a new forum. ready for you....
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by MagicNein on Oct 18th, 2006, 3:32pm

Oh, you called us morons. I'm soooo scared.

Look, the new games stink. That's no reason to be a jackass.

And pulling that Censored five days before my birthday? Not cool.

Mind you, I used to be TheLightOne2.
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by Trainer Spyro on Oct 18th, 2006, 3:40pm

yeah I knew this would happen sooner or later. Oh well what can ya do?
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by Cocho on Oct 18th, 2006, 3:42pm

SpyroFriend, that's like saying "This is TTE's nicotine, but we're the one's using it." There's a difference between handling and OWNING a forum. If you don't like it, tough luck...

And The Light One: Yeah, I know. Almost a crappy time to close down this forum. But...oh well. Blame the n00bs on this forum for ruining it all.
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by Little Purple Dragon on Oct 18th, 2006, 3:45pm

well...who's all goin to the new forum?
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by SpyroFriend on Oct 18th, 2006, 3:47pm

Figures that you would use invistext to call us names. BTW, I have owned forums, and this forum is exihibit A of how NOT to run a forum. The people who use this forum, are trying to have fun, that's the reason the board was created in the first place..
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by Cocho on Oct 18th, 2006, 3:54pm

Very GOOOOD for noticing the text. Gee, I guess not everyone that was here are morons.

And actually, this forum was to help people who had their Spyro fanfictions flamed by a certain flamer.

Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by SpyroFriend on Oct 18th, 2006, 3:59pm

You abandoned the forum when it needed senior leadership the most. FYi, this board was recovering...Clearly, you, LIKe TTe, have given up all hope of the new games being decent. Not a good outlook to have...
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by Cocho on Oct 18th, 2006, 4:18pm

Ok, first off, we didn't ABANDON the site. Hell, we even told you all that we were quitting. There shouldn't have been a recovery in the first place. So then TTE decided to hand the forum down to other people, but still owning it for just incase.

And second off, reason why we've given up on the new games is because Vivendi is a cheap company and is ruining Spyro of what he used to be. We don't have to play the games to know that the new games suck. As far as we know it, as long as Vivendi owns Spyro, there's no hope for him. Insomniac is Spyro's only creator, and that's it.
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by SpyroFriend on Oct 18th, 2006, 4:24pm

He should have handed it off completely, he became nothing more than a "ghost". A Ghost is a person who lingers around a forum they used to enjoy and constantly trash it. A "troll' is another apt description. Quitting is little different from abandoning imo. The reviwes on the new game are pretty good so far actually.
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by Cocho on Oct 18th, 2006, 4:58pm

Only because the reviewers don't know any better. They aren't expert game critics. If anything, I even bet Morgan web and Adam Sessler from XPlay would say that it sucks.

And if he still owns the forum, he can roam around it to check to see how bad of a shape it's in if he wants to.
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by Venom on Oct 18th, 2006, 5:00pm

on Oct 18th, 2006, 3:24pm, Cocho wrote:
Word to the Wise: If you want to tell someone that they're immature about closing an OLD CANON SITE, you gotta be in the right position to say so.

Okay, I am...

TTE, this is childish, which is rather unlike you on anywhere but this site.

For goodness sake, this is no longer an argument about which games are better - most people here are in agreement that VIVENDI GAMES SUCK.

So what grounds are you fighting on?

Furthermore, it is amoral to close this site on top of a bunch of people who are enjoying being here.


Finally, and most insignificantly, TTE does not hold the power to ammend the constitution like that. Article V is the only place Admins may add stuff without a majority vote.

---

And my offer still stands. I'll make a new site if this isn't resolved in a day or two.
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by SpyroFriend on Oct 18th, 2006, 5:01pm

Remember that this is a child's game, primarily. It's not supposed to be particulsarly hard, it's supposed to be FUN.
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by SpyroFriend on Oct 18th, 2006, 5:02pm

And Venom, we've already made a new site. Check your pm box.
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by Cocho on Oct 18th, 2006, 5:11pm

I never said it was suppose to be hard. And I know that it's suppose to be fun. But it's not gonna be fun if it sucks, and if it's retarded.

...Yyyyep, Even Morgan and Adam says it sucks. They gave ANB a 1 out of 5.

Oh, and...um, yeah TTE just DID ammend the constitution...so there. And he MADE it after all.



Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by SpyroFriend on Oct 18th, 2006, 5:12pm

Doesn't matter. He can't overrule the wishes of the rest of the forum like that. BTW have you even played the game yet Concho?
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by TTEchidna on Oct 18th, 2006, 5:14pm

See, this is why I said DON'T BOTHER.

Besides, nobody here followed the constitution. All that was ever done was games in funland. This was far from a Spyro board. It was more a Spyro IM-window.


What grounds I'm fighting on are the grounds that really, there's no point to be here anymore. Let the whole place be frozen in time, and don't go back for it, but to look. Make a new forum, without my involvement. Take Spyro as far away from me as possible. That's all I want here. Get Spyro out of my face so I never have to hear about it again. Maybe then I'll actually never hear about ANB2.
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by SpyroFriend on Oct 18th, 2006, 5:18pm

It was not entirely about funland TTe, we were also discussing the new game, but I guess you didn't notice that. Besides, everytime we'd post them , you'd post disparaging stuff in reply. You have no leadership skills to speak off, and have become nothing more than a troll. Your opinion has been rejected by the majority of the board, and last time I checked you can't amend the consitution without majority suport.

Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by MagicNein on Oct 18th, 2006, 5:26pm

on Oct 18th, 2006, 5:00pm, Venom wrote:
Okay, I am...

TTE, this is childish, which is rather unlike you on anywhere but this site.

For goodness sake, this is no longer an argument about which games are better - most people here are in agreement that VIVENDI GAMES SUCK.

So what grounds are you fighting on?

Furthermore, it is amoral to close this site on top of a bunch of people who are enjoying being here.


Finally, and most insignificantly, TTE does not hold the power to ammend the constitution like that. Article V is the only place Admins may add stuff without a majority vote.

---

And my offer still stands. I'll make a new site if this isn't resolved in a day or two.


Took the words right out of my mouth.

The new games are bad, yes, but that's no excuse to be a jerk.
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by Cocho on Oct 18th, 2006, 5:34pm

...Now, see? You took my highhopes for you by spelling my username wrong. And did you not understand that "TTE made the constitution"? And what wishes? It's not like TTE is God. Oh, and the fact that the REST OF US ADMINS giving him "SUPPORT" to freeze the forum gives him that right...And he's a hell of a lot better of a leader than I know of.

And like I said, I don't HAVE to play the game to know that it sucks. Fine, call me a hypocrite. I don't care.
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by TTEchidna on Oct 18th, 2006, 5:39pm

Certainly is a good reason for me, far as anyone cares.


No. The real reason for me closing SFA is that it should have been done a long while ago. I know I have no leadership skills, and because of this, SFA is unfit for existence. That's why I've stopped it.

Hell, I'll even register a site for one of you to be a new SFA, just give me an email address, and we can have SFA v2. That is, if you want a site named by one of US, and one created by one of US.
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by MagicNein on Oct 18th, 2006, 5:41pm

Wow...you're much more arrogant than I originally thought you were.
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by SpyroFriend on Oct 18th, 2006, 5:42pm

Fine , i'll accept yout open invitation. Both you and TTe are hypocrites, and of a very high caliber. You need to play the game before determining how good or bad it is, regardless of heresay or whatever reviews you've read. Everyone needs to form thier opinions of a game by PLAYING IT. Furthermore, you are not admins at this point, so whatever actions you took in January are no longer valid, the board has elected New Admins to replace you.
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by TTEchidna on Oct 18th, 2006, 5:42pm

Certainly.


Hm. Maybe I should change my name now...
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by SpyroFriend on Oct 18th, 2006, 5:45pm

TTe you lack subtlety. Just because YOU lack leadership skills, doesn't mean that NO ONE here has them. I do, and I have experuience running these types of boards. Spyro is another good example. You need to recognize your flaws aND GIVE UP CONTROL TO SOMEONE MORE SUITED TO RUN THIS PLACE.
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by MagicNein on Oct 18th, 2006, 5:46pm

I second that notion.
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by Cocho on Oct 18th, 2006, 5:47pm

...Yeeeeah, see, you're not an admin here either anymore...Since the forum is frozen now...
How many times do I have to say it? I. Don't. Need. To. Play. It. I've seen the videos, I've seen the gameplay. I know it sucks. Ok?

And who said anything about January? I mean as in now. You know, the fact that the forum is frozen now is because me, and the other former admins agreed to it. It matters because WE were the first admins here. We have more experiences of this board.

And I'm not being arrogant here. I'm defending a friend from your bashing. You mess with one of my friends, you have to deal with me too.
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by TTEchidna on Oct 18th, 2006, 5:47pm

Nope, sorry. SFA is a museum, because if I gave up control, as well as my account, there'd be no way to stop them from editing my posts to portray me in a bad light.

I'd prefer to do that myself, thanks.
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by SpyroFriend on Oct 18th, 2006, 5:53pm

Self-depricating humor. Usually I like that type of humor, but not today strangely
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by MagicNein on Oct 18th, 2006, 5:55pm

on Oct 18th, 2006, 5:47pm, Time Travelling Echidna wrote:
Nope, sorry. SFA is a museum, because if I gave up control, as well as my account, there'd be no way to stop them from editing my posts to portray me in a bad light.

I'd prefer to do that myself, thanks.


Well, since this place isn't going to open...

You're a jackass. An arrogant, condescending, jackass.

I've been waiting to say that for about...two weeks.
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by SpyroFriend on Oct 18th, 2006, 5:55pm

Cocho, most of the people I mert are decent folks , who I can co-exist with. Unfortunately your attitude smacks of arrogance to me at least. Before today when was the last time you actually visited here? Be honest...
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by Cocho on Oct 18th, 2006, 5:59pm

Last time I've visited this site was 4 days ago. I wanted to see how the Gamer News thing was. I Admin'D that sector of the forum...and apparently nothing very important has happened.

I also saw the FunLand board. Just random useless spam to me.

And you can think of me as arrogant if you want. All I know is that I'm just defending my friend, and that's all that matters to me.
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by SpyroFriend on Oct 18th, 2006, 6:03pm

You aare to commended for your friendship, I mean that sincerely. But before such a decison of such gravity should have been made, you should have consulted me an the other newer admins. Why didn't you do that?
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by TTEchidna on Oct 18th, 2006, 6:06pm

on Oct 18th, 2006, 5:59pm, Cocho wrote:
Last time I've visited this site was 4 days ago. I wanted to see how the Gamer News thing was. I Admin'D that sector of the forum...and apparently nothing very important has happened.

I also saw the FunLand board. Just random useless spam to me.

And you can think of me as arrogant if you want. All I know is that I'm just defending my friend, and that's all that matters to me.


Of course nothing important's happened,not even the release of a new Spyro game, since ANB's so obviously not Spyro.
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by SpyroFriend on Oct 18th, 2006, 6:08pm

Game's change TTe, look at the Star Fox series that Archae described... They have had several changes..
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by Cocho on Oct 18th, 2006, 6:26pm

Yeah but at least Fox still looks like his original self, and not mutated into something that looks like a cow threw up 10 times. AND the fact that Fox still has the characters from the beginning. ANB= Garbage. Spyro was NOT raised by dragonflies. His egg was stolen from thieves until the elders caught them, and Spyro was raised by the DRAGONS.

...Seriously, raised by dragonflies. It's retarded and not official. Does Vivendi not know that they ripped off of Spyro 3? Sgt. Byrd was raised by hummingbirds.
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by Atresac on Oct 18th, 2006, 7:06pm

wow, this thread is the most active one in like, ever.

anyways, if you guys want, atresac.com is new and the forums are in the making.
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by TTEchidna on Oct 18th, 2006, 10:38pm

Cheers.
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by Charles Frost on Oct 19th, 2006, 01:08am

...

Well, no other choice but to move on now... This last action was to be expected yet, for the time being, felt as though it could be delayed a bit longer.

I don't really understand what all the fuss is about. True the games are different of late, and I prefer to use those words as they remain a personal opinion, rather than a fact as it seems to be worded these days. But that cannot be changed, and as such I just accept iot, and try to either enjoy them to the best of their capabilities, or ignore them.

And to be honest I cannot care much for how the games turn out... I'm a fan of Spyro as a character, not the games, primarily. and thus far, anb and ssl were the only ones to change Spyro in a more physicall manner. His personality changes from AH'sT weren't all that bad in my opinion.

As for the later edited backgroundstory... I have to agree, they haven't taken into regard what had already been laid down from them. The japanese instruction manual on the first game would've sufficed in explaining the origin's story... But well, I'll just view the game as a game on it's own rather than a necessary part of Spyro's story, and after having played the game upon it's release here, I'll solely use that which I think would fit int the story that had already been laid out ...

As for now, it'll be difficult to start anew, more difficult than reviving this forum had been, I expect. But lets just see what we can manage to do...

Amd that, probebly of little sense, concludes my posting here... Good bye old friend, you've changed my life...
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by Venom on Oct 19th, 2006, 01:40am

Gah! Idiocy, hypocricy... What's the point?

BTW, Cocho, I actually wrote the constitution, but if TTE was right about just one thing, it was that nobody ever cared about it.
Not that it ever phased me that they didn't.

The fact remains that TTE is in the wrong here - the SFA is no longer affilliated with DDO, nor the fantastical worlds of Fictonia, nor anything else to do with the SpFiAs. It is about Spyro, and, hot dam n, that's how it should've remained.


As a final note, I shall say this:
Yes, this forum shall now stay frozen in time. It shall be a solid testament to both the horrors of Vivendi...

And how NOT to run a forum.


Good day.
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by DragonRiderPDX on Oct 19th, 2006, 08:05am

Uh Vivendi is no longer in control of Spyro I think they gave them to Krome Studios because when i Played ANB it said Krome Studios and that was wierd. It also said ANB, Copyright Krome Studios.

So vivendi gave them to krome studios

like when Insomaniac gave Spyro to Vivendi.

What next?

Krome studios give to what?

So Krome Studios is god or horror of this site
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by Venom on Oct 19th, 2006, 08:34am

http://www.kromestudios.com/games/spyro_gameOverview.php

Publisher: Vivendi Universal Games


Owner or not, Vivendi is still in the loop.
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by SpyroFriend on Oct 19th, 2006, 08:37am

As I conclude my posting here, I wish to leave you with a few thoughts. First, in my experience , once a mod or admin leave thier position, they lose thier capacity to make high-level decisons. While I now know that the decision to close actually had some measure of support, if left to the board, it would have gone nowhere. once you left Cocho, you and the other admins lost your authority as admins and became senior posters, nothing more.
-
Regardless of whether you were an admin in the past, at this time you had no authority to close this place. While after further reflection I can see some logic in your reasoning (we were here first, so we know this place better), you went about it the wrong way. You should have included me and Spyro in this, as we were the SFAdmin and SFAssistant at the time, and the future of the forum concerned us . If you really felt the forum was dead, you should have closed it in January, and have done with it. By leaving, you gave up any decisonmaking authority except as a regular member, that goes for everyone who left.
-
Now, I will admit that my bashing of TTE crossed a line, but you must look at it from my perspective. this was a place I enjoyed visiting, and had every right to expect that it would continue to operate. TTE's decision and his announcement of it were sudden and his reasoning for imposing it was insulting. No one likes to be called a moron or an idiot, and to be honest, TTE's posting become more aand more deragatory over the past few days, which resulted in my deletion of some of his posts. I did that because that was an unabashed attack on other posters, which violated the Constitution, several clauses of it no less. I did read the Constitution, but I probably was the only "rookie" member to do so seriously.
-
Regardless, this decision was not suported by the majority of posters as the responses to this thread will attest. Even granting that there were 5 or 6 former admins who supported closing this place, enough people replied to exceed that number. but you made a decision based on the votes of at the maximum of 8-9 people, and did not inform the rest of the forum of this impendsing decision. Regardless of your personal opinion of us, common decency and fair play called for fair warning and prior notice, so we could put in our opinion and have a say. That you didn't give us that speaks volumes, and you should be ashamed of yourself.
-
You may have forced us out, but you have created an incredible amount of ill-will for you. If you don't care about Spyro, fine. But the majority of posters here did, and to call us "newbies" is insulting. Granted, many of us did not grow up with the game, but have since played the original trilogy. There is almost no dispute that the recent games are not on the same level as the original, far from it actually. But you seem to have forgotten that many of us play the games to be entertained, first and foremost. I imagine that you founded this forum on the same principle, to have fun discussing the game and playing it. Your comments suggest you have "outgrown" the game, and now you can state "ANB sucks" without even having played it. Your younger selves would not recognize you.
-
You use a "expert" review, when those reviews only give good marks to games that are challenging for high-skilled videogame players. This remains a child's game, and even though younger players are the primary target, older players can still play, and nod and wink to references to previous games and situations. You can't close your mind to new games, while deifying the originals. Yes they were good, but never on the level of the best Mario or Zelda games.
-
But I digress. I am leaving now, and leaving behind a place where I met some new friends, and contributed my part to a community. TTE, Concho, and all the other former admins, you have sucessfully closed the forum, and showed a bevy of negative attributes that would not long be tolerated on other boards. To list two, disdain for the opinion of other posters and a propensity to insult and demean posters who have not been here as long as you. In order for a board to run effectively, ALL opinions must be heard and addressed, regardless of what the owner or mods or admins personally think. This did not happen here, rather you banded together in a small band and imposed your will on the rest of us, without giving us any avenues to redress our grievances. This is the first time I have ever left a forum like this, while I have visited other boards that collapsed, those died due to lack of activity. This is the first time I have been , in effect kicked out of a forum, and while there is a first time for everything, this was not something I expected or wanted. And I'm not alone in that. Goodbye to this forum, and to you all. But know this, TTE and Cocho,you will never be allowed on any future Spyro forum I frequent,and moderate. I will not forget , and I have a very long memory. farewell.
SpyroFriend
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by Venom on Oct 19th, 2006, 08:52am

Psst, SpyroFriend, some linebreaks would be good to boost your clarity...

I agree with most of your post, but don't waste database space on banning anyone - they won't care once we've left here.


Just wondering, though, TTE, why you felt so compelled to return here when you had apparantly "moved on". There was nothing actually keeping you here.
Just as you have "moved on" from Spyro, this forum had "moved on" from its old values, its old structure, and its old admins... it had moved on from you. As such, not you, nor I, nor any of the founding members had any right to decide to kill it - a forum that had outgrown the Old poicies.

I must say I am deeply shocked at your brutality and amorality in this matter. I would never have thought it from you.
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by Cocho on Oct 19th, 2006, 10:16am

You have no say in how my "will" is. It's definitly stronger than yours, compared to what crap I've been through in life...and how sad it is for you to try to compare it to how I like and dislike a GAME. If anything, my younger self would be thanking me, and steer more towards playing the better games and going to college than worry over a forum. And, HEY, I've done that. Good for me.
And no, the expert critics in XPlay go by all boundaries. They don't just rate games that are hard for kids. They review ALL KINDS OF GAMES. They reviewed AHT and gave it a 2 out of 5, basically because it wasn't how it was suppose to be, like the original games. So, logically, they gave 1 out of 5 ofr ANB because IT'S NOT SPYRO.

...*plays the world's smallest violin* And it's a foruuuuum. Get over it. And, oh wow, I won't be allowed on your forum--I bet you were from Neoseekers before coming here. It isn't really a loss to me. Least you spelled Cocho right this time.
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by Trainer Spyro on Oct 19th, 2006, 3:47pm

Spam!

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by Cocho on Oct 19th, 2006, 4:19pm

...

See what I mean? Retardation.
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by Venom on Oct 19th, 2006, 4:44pm

All the decent arguments we put forward, and now... this.

Argh, Spyro! (or should I say : D?)


Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by Little Purple Dragon on Oct 19th, 2006, 7:13pm

lol nice undercover Spammin' there " : D" Hmm I think I want my last post on this forum to be something to remember me by....sooooooo....here it goes......

Here's a llama
There's a llama
And another little llama
Fuzzy llama
Funny llama
Llama llama duck

Llama llama cheesecake llama
Tablet brick potato llama
Llama llama mushroom llama
Llama llama duck

I was once a treehouse
I lived in a cake
But I never saw the way
The orange slayed the rake
I was only three years dead
But it told a tale
And now listen, little child
To the safety rail

Did you ever see a llama
Kiss a llama on the llama
Llama's llama tastes of llama
Llama llama duck

Half a llama, twice the llama
Not a llama farmer llama
Llama in a car
Alarm a llama llama duck

Is that how it's told now?
Is it all so old?
Is it made of lemon juice?
Doorknob ankle cold
Now my song is getting thin
I've run out of luck
Time for me to retire now
And become a duck

Ahhhhhhh the Llama song cheesy
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by TTEchidna on Oct 19th, 2006, 7:36pm

What kept me here was that I made it. It's like how my parents keep annoying me and calling me every five seconds to make sure I'm doing what they want.


And the way I did it was correcting what I failed to do earlier. I should have killed it in January, but I waited too long. I let too many people, who wouldn't know the real Spyro if he flamed their ass, sway me into bringing in new admins.


In reality, making a NEW SFA would have been the best thing then, too, instead of letting this one go through about six months of inactivity before ANB-crazed "fans" came in and began throwing Mary Sues at everyone. Maybe then I would have admitted that I was wrong about Spyro.


Or not. Probably still would've been against ANB, though I wouldn't know whether or not it'd come out yet.


Plus, hey, maybe if I'd locked up SFA then, Vivendi wouldn't get free advertising and some people might not have bought it.


I'm sure some of you know, two years ago I would have loved for the Spyro series to continue on forever, reaching its tenth, fifteenth, twentieth anniversaries, still going strong. And now... It can't end fast enough. Spyro hasn't even hit his tenth anniversary, that's not until September of 2008, and I loathe the series and its fans.


Also, whateverRiderPDX, Vivendi STILL OWNS SPYRO. They're not so stupid that they'd sell him, he's making them too much money!
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by Trainer Spyro on Oct 20th, 2006, 3:43pm

What I didn't expect you to think it wasn't me! TTE said he wasn't goin to open the site back up no matter what so whats the point of tryin? grin
Besides I like my new name! grin It's awesome!

P.S Yay Llamas!
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by TTEchidna on Oct 20th, 2006, 3:46pm

Exactly. No going back on my word.
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by Trainer Spyro on Oct 20th, 2006, 3:55pm

on Oct 20th, 2006, 3:46pm, Da Dark One wrote:
Exactly. No going back on my word.


See? grin Told ya!
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by Little Purple Dragon on Oct 20th, 2006, 5:26pm

Lol...glad you like the Llama motif...and I hope you and TTE have a nice trip to this free beer place you speak of...can Llama come? cheesy
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by Venom on Oct 20th, 2006, 5:42pm

Well... at least you guys made up?

:headdesk:
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by Trainer Spyro on Oct 21st, 2006, 11:38am

yup me too. grin
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by Trainer Spyro on Oct 21st, 2006, 12:24pm

Hi me! how's the weather up there!?
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by TTEchidna on Oct 22nd, 2006, 12:17am

Forum locked.


THANKS FOR EVERYTHING, EVERYONE.
Re: AMENDMENT XXVIII
Post by TTEchidna on Dec 8th, 2008, 8:29pm

Forum unlocked.

HAPPY TENTH SPYRO.